Monday, June 17, 2013

Asking for Guidance

Being a parent is hard.  Being a human is hard.  I try to make plans to do things the right way -- the best way.  But if I try to do everything on my own (my favorite way to do things, btw), my plans may fail many times over -- I know this from experience!

God promises to guide me through his Spirit.  I have his Spirit inside me, helping me.  Jesus talked about this spirit for his followers before he left earth.  John 16:13,"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."  

God's spirit, alive in me!  What a refreshing thought for this mama who...

*doesn't always have the right words

*is not always sure how to guide

*will fall flat on her face if she tries to do it alone.


And so I ask for guidance today, God, 
and I remember You promise to help me.  


Isaiah 58:11

And the Lord will guide you continually

    and satisfy your desire in scorched places
    and make your bones strong;
and you shall be like a watered garden,
    like a spring of water,
    whose waters do not fail.






You hear my prayers and you give me peace.
I love you, God.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Search This Blog