Things I'm learning so far with homeschooling a 1st grader and preschooler. This list is in no particular order and is not exclusive.
1. Homeschooling is not as fun if you try to make it look and feel like public school, so just relax.
2. Getting hugs and kisses before starting a lesson or reading a book always makes things better.
3. I love learning everything along with my kids, and I have favorite subjects just like they do.
4. Even though every moment is not perfect, I'm more patient than I thought I was.
5. I'm having even more fun than I thought I would! And so are my kids!
6. Kids are sponges for information and can learn SO much SO quickly.
7. Having a supportive partner has been an invaluable asset.
8. My house is a bit messier but I don't seem to care as much because it's just not worth worrying about.
9. There are many kind and wonderful people who are willing to help support and mentor those who are just starting homeschooling. I'm in awe and thankful for the wonderful people who have crossed my path so far.
10. I can still fit "me" time and "girls night out" into my schedule. It is possible! (see #7)
11. I love the smell of newly published books and school materials. (I'm strange, I know)
- ► 2011 (25)
Yep, I did it. Chopped it all off. And it feels great! Yes, my locks were so long that my hairstylist made sure I wasn't going to...
Hey everyone - I'm deleting my Facebook account. I know it sounds extreme but I've been wanting to take a break for a while. Why? ...
Disclaimer: I write this post as I think of many of us who may not have had a completely fun year. This post is not intended to be a “woe...
In the car as we do errands, my daughter asks: 9yo: Mom, are we poor? Sometimes I feel like we are. Me: Well, th...
The Royal Wedding! Some people could care less while others are obsessed. I am excited about this wedding for several reasons. #1 - The ...